12 known and Unknown facts of Christmas.
1)In A.D. 350, Pope Julius I, bishop of Rome, proclaimed December 25 the official celebration date for the birthday of Christ.
2) The first person to decorate a Christmas tree was reportedly the Protestant reformer Martin Luther (1483-1546). According to legend, he was so moved by the beauty of the stars shining between the branches of a fir tree, he brought home an evergreen tree and decorated it with candles to share the image with his children
3) Christians sing festive songs at Christmas time; these songs are called Carols.
4) The Germans made the first artificial Christmas trees out of dyed goose feathers.
5) At the first Christmas, three gifts were given to baby Jesus by three wise men the gifts were gold, frankincense and myrrh (oils)
6) Christmas is celebrated by over 2.2 Billion Christians out of 7.4 billion people in this world
7) Santa Claus did not originally wear red! Early pictures depict him wearing outfits colored either green, The beverage company Coca Cola is sometimes recognized as the creators of the image of Santa Claus wearing red and white, (the iconic colors of coca cola) but they did not invent Santa!
8) How many reindeer does Santa have? Santa has nine reindeer; their names are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder, Blixem and of course, Rudolph
9) The character of Santa Claus was based Saint Nicholas, who was know to be kind and generous to children; he was the original secret gift-giver!
10) According to the Guinness world records, the tallest Christmas tree ever cut was a 221-foot Douglas fir that was displayed in 1950 at the Northgate Shopping Center in Seattle, Washington
11) Christmas trees have been sold in the U.S. since 1850.
12) A Christmas tree or the Yule Tree is a decorated tree, usually an evergreen conifer such as spruce, pine, or fir or an artificial tree of similar appearance, associated with the celebration of Christmas.
it you find it interesting please share with your friends. 🙂